Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Knowing me, Knowing Ruapehu: Laha!

Last week Mt Ruapehu threw it's toys out of the cot again, and had a little eruption. It gave me a good excuse to use the the above title.

If you know of Steve Coogan - its a take on his line as Alan Partridge, (which is a take of the ABBA song.)

Anyway, what has happened recently?

Not much just been playing ping pong over oceans, while my whanau sees the world I see numbers.

Last weekend my mate Ron came up and visited. It was cool hanging out, shame it wasn't more summer-like. Anyway, needless to say we had some really good feeds, as we do. Watched Nacho Libre, actually quite funny.

This weekend is Stars in their eyes 2 which should be entertaining, if not, at least I'll get a good feed (they'll have hangi again). Then on Sunday Im doing the Kaitaia 12km fun walk. Should be interesting. The only thing I can compare it to distance-wise is the Great Wall of China - but at least this will be relatively flat, and I don't have to fend off souvenir sellers.

The following weekend Im heading back to H-Town for my mate Dave's wedding. I worked it that Im taking a mate down (who doesn't drive, and has a girlfriend in Hamilton) so we'll share the cost, and also I'll have some conversation.

The play is going OK, just got to learn my lines. I had thought about organising a touch team to play on Thursday nights, but that idea got canned, cos it would be too much effort, and I don't have any free weekdays as it is.

Just waiting on the Play people to tell me when exactly we are performing, so I can book my holidays and make definite plans for when my ex-flatmate Kevin comes to NZ. Looking forward to it.

Been watching the World Cup a little bit - but not bothering with the late nights and early mornings especially with the easy games. Will take a more active interest when we start playing threatening teams, like South Africa or Australia.

Anyway, got to walk my bike home in the dark now - I've been good lately, trying to walk or ride places when possible. I still end up being earlier than most people as it is. Kaitaia time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home