Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Swept away

Hey there,

As I write, Im currently at Kaitaia College, as I've been evacuated here due to flooding, and the potential of the river/creek behind my apartment complex flooding into the complex.

Its rather surreal at the moment, one minute I had just finished watching the Final of the Apprentice on tv while making tomorrow's lunch, ironing my shirts etc, and the next the power goes off and we are asked to evacuate by the cops. Next to my complex there is the old people's home, so Im currently surrounded by old people too. A kid about 9 or 10 just before started telling me about Saw 3 (a rather horrible horror movie - how he managed to see it I don't know)

Tonight I was supposed to be doing a speech at Toastmasters, but it was cancelled due to the rain and flooding. I was glad as it means I can practice my speech some more, and raise it's standard from mediocre rushed job to stream-lined. I ended up writing a speech on my trip/time in Japan.

This morning I woke up at about 6.30am to find the power had been off, so I reset my alarm clocks, and then about 10 minutes later the power went off again.

The weekend was good. Friday night I just laxed back after dinner, and then Saturday I went to the stamp thing for about an hour, it was kinda interesting, but I wanted to see the ship. So anyhow, I drove down to Paihia, and checked out the old frigate. It was quite interesting, but I'm surprised they were showing it in that state, as it was still a bit messy from it's dismantling, and there were hatches open left right and centre, and plently of dark areas. Combine that with the young kids there it could have been an OSH nightmare.

Anyhow, I stayed the night in Paihia, then cruised back to Kaitaia, in time to catch a play at 2pm. After the play I enquired about joining the theatre group and they were keen to have me.

I have some inspirational insights to share, but I can never remember them while Im actually writting these entries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home