Sunday, October 07, 2007

Blistered & busted

Unfortunately for us, the mighty All Blacks have been beaten by France (again). Its a grey day. But on the up side, at least Australia got beaten by England. It does soften the blow knowing George Gregan isn't going to be holding the cup.

I actually missed the second (crucial) half of the game, because I had headed down the street for breakfast and to get my number for the fun walk. It wasn't until the start of the walk that I found out we had lost. Guttered.

Right now I don't know if I'm more sore from the 12km walk, or the All Black's loss. The 12km walk wasn't that bad, minus the blister on my foot from my shoes (going strong since my 20th birthday - hence they are almost 8 years old - time for retirement) and the chuffing.

Looking positive - Yesterday I went snorkelling. Rather cold, but I'm hard LOL. Then today I got a call from my sister in the UK, so that was all good.

Friday night was the Stars in their eyes, which was OK, I knew some of the songs near the end. Last night I went to a Poker night, which was OK.

Looking forward to going home this coming weekend, and finally catching up with my parents.

In other news- a friend in Japan sent me a link to a news story about the company I worked for over there - sounds like its going down the tubes financially. Hopefully it doesn't take the volitile Japanese economy down with it. Apparently if the Japanese economy flops, so will the US, cos they are so linked. And then there is the other theory about the NZ economy after an All Blacks loss...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home