Sunday, February 17, 2008

One weekend in Dargaville

This week wasn't all that eventful - until Friday, when I went down to Dargaville for the Kaipara Car Show. You could camp there all weekend - so I did. I went down after doing my dishes. Admittedly it was a bit further than I expected, and a little hard to find, but after asking at a service station it was sweet.

It was relatively interesting - the focus was mainly burnouts, which admittedly got tedious after seeing it all day. However it was cool to get away for the weekend, and randomly chat to numerous people. There was the odd cool car (and promo girl LOL) to check out.
I noticed that if you entered the show you got your car washed by the bikini girls. I did some research and found out it was free to enter your car. So naturally I did. I know I'd look like a poser, but it was a free carwash! After they did it, I parked my car in the most inconspicuous spot in the field - because if I just took it back to my tent it would be kind of dishonest.

Anyway, it was pretty well set up, bar, natural grandstand on the hill surrounding the burnout pad etc. Real toilets would've been nice though, not the portaloos.

This morning after leaving the venue I went and checked out (a closed) Dargaville, then went through the museum, which I'm glad I did (I almost wrote it off as just another museum about gumdigging), had Subway for lunch, then went to the Kai Iwi lakes, and through the forest, over the habour, and back here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home