Monday, January 28, 2008

Round the middle of the 3

Hey,

Thought while it was fresh I should type it otherwise it gets filed in the archives of mediocraty.

I did go surfing with my old workmate, it was good hanging out, before surfing we played hacky sack, then surfed for about 1.5 hours. After that we went back to his olive orchard and he cooked a nice as feed - I must admit I was impressed, as it was vegetarian, but was really nice.

Following that I headed to Matai bay. Set up my tent, and went for a snorkel. The clarity was not so good. Anyway had a bit of chat to the neighbouring tent dwellers, they were from Northern New York State, USA.

It was a nice sleep - faced the stars, and must of went to sleep reasonably early as I couldn't do much without the light.

Sunday morning got up reasonably early (8am) and headed back to Kaitaia, went to church, then tidied up the flat. I headed back to Matai bay and attempted another snorkel. Not clear again. However the DOC camp (it is a DOC camp ground) person gave me half a crayfish, so that was nice.

This morning (Monday) I got up about 8, and went for a snorkel - this time the water was clearer - I decided to go hard and go around the peninsula dividing the two bays at Matai bay (the middle of the 3 so to speak). So I did - a bit of an effort, took about 2 hours, but I did it.

Anyway after that, I had some breakfast, packed up and went to Coopers Beach and met up with some friends, and had a picnic lunch and a bit of a walk.

On my way home, went to a meeting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home