Saturday, June 30, 2007

Fast times in Kaitaia

Hey again,

Here I am again at K-town McD's. This week's weather has been pathetic, but it looks like it finally rained itself out today, and now I have the sun coming through the window, heating up my right ear - I'll probably leave here with one red ear.

There is not much going on up here, my housing course finished this week. If you had come to all 6 sessions, you went into the draw to win a $100 meal voucher at a local restaurant. I made a deal with a mate I had made at the course that if I won I'd take him, and vice versa. There was only 4 of us that qualified in the end so I increased my odds from 25% to 50%. Anyhow I won, so I will be taking him (and possibly his wife) to dinner some time. So now thats over I can go and play badminton on Thursday nights.

This week I also joined the local Toastmaster's club, since it seems to be a group of cool commited people, and well established. No foxy ladies, but that's to be expected LOL.

The Apprentice and Lost are in their final weeks, so after that I will have no "TV Commitments" hopefully then I can be a bit more commited to going to the Gym.

Anyhow, not much else to report - tonight me and a workmate are going to a charity dinner, $20 ticket sounded like a decent deal.


This week I also gave Burgerfuel a call, asking them to send me up a Prospectus, I'm thinking I'll make use of their share issue - and finally get into the sharemarket game. I remember back when the Auckland Airport was issuing shares, and wished that I had the money back then. I also wished I had the money and confidence to invest in Air NZ when they were at rock bottom, because that was a hunch that would have paid off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home