Saturday, June 09, 2007

Uninspired

Hey all,

I meant to write an entry last week while I was, at home, but obviously that didn't happen.

Since last time:

I attended my sister's Master's graduation in Palmerston North. That was good, getting out of Kaitaia for 4 days, and also getting out of it so quickly. In the time it takes to drive to Whangarei (2 hours) I was in Palmerston by plane, it sure bet a 10 hour drive. That weekend was nice, just chilling back with the family, Bevan and I went and checked out the Tui brewery, or more accurately the museum as the brewery tour was closed.

Um other than that, I went to Whangarei the following weekend to just have a night on the town. It worked well, as this time I stayed in a hostel in town, and met a couple from Auckland and a guy from Sweden, and we enjoyed the $15 all you can drink 8:30-11 beer at the bar underneath the hostel. It was all good.

The following week, another workmate left work, so it was a week of good feeds (it was someone else's brithday as well that week) but on Thursday I came down with a bad cold, and only now am slowly recovering from it.

The next weekend was Queen's Birthday weekend, so I went home to Hamilton, simply because it was Mum and Dad's 30th Wedding Anniversary, so on the Saturday night me, Suzanne and Bevan went over to Tauranga and took them out for tea. Didn't achieve much else that weekend.

This week, I've just been surviving, and doing the usual stuff.

Recently (3 weeks ago) I began going to a course on homeownership on Thursdays. Its interesting, although not quite targetted at me. 3 more weeks to go. Once it finishes I will go and play Badminton with a workmate.

This week on Tuesday is Toastmasters, a club has recently started up here, and by the sounds of it isn't suffering the start up blues that my old club did. Its on a Tuesday, which is a little bit of a pain, because I'll miss The Apprentice but its not every week, and The Apprentice must only have a few episodes left anyway.

Anyway, thats about it.
Catch ya
JT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home