Friday, April 06, 2007

Return from the desert



Hey,
Here I am with my first entry for my new site.

What have I been up to for the last 2 months?

Well, not a great deal to be honest, but I will try and summarise it, and make it interesting.

So anyway - last time I wrote I had just got a job, and was starting it on the 5th of March.

So before starting work, I had been working at Mum and Dad's business, working on their website, and trying to get myself sorted to move up. I made a trip up in order to find some accomodation, but was not successful. However, Murphy's law, a couple of days after I came back, one of the real estate agents rang me up with a one bedroom flat. Anyhow after seeing photos of it through the email, I accepted it.

So, a month ago I moved north, and started work. In the first 2 weeks I was lucky enough to be out of the office 3 times. However in the subsequent 2 weeks I have been stuck in the office.

At the end of the second week, I was sent to a course in Whangarei. So I made the most of it, and spent the weekend there. However I made the mistake of turning my fridge/freezer off inadvertently (I turned off my stove, which the fridge was plugged into). It was St Patricks day on the Saturday, so I had a bit of fun.

Since then, I managed to do a trip up to Cape Reinga, via the beaches I could find, and then the following day I travelled north east a bit, up a Penninsula, and checked out the beaches there. The best thing was, I discovered several nice places to snorkel in the future, but also I found several cheap DOC operated campsites. Nice.

Cape Reinga was cool, you can definately see the Tasman and the Pacific where they cross. On the way back down I stopped at the Te Paki sand dunes - to slide down them on my body board. After nearly passing out after climbing them I slid down the biggest ridge I could find. However it took a bit to get going. As I was walking back to my car I met a Danish girl, and 2 Argentinians. I gave them a couple of go's on my board, and then the Argentinians went and climbed the sand dune and me and the Danish girl talked for a while. Unfortunately Im not what the Japanese call "Fast hands" so I didn't get her number or anything.

Other than that its been rather lonely up north, Im slowly meeting people, and slowly hanging out more with those I have met. In the last week two different people have asked me to go flatting with them - which I will probably do, so its cheaper, and not so lonely.

Anyway, home in Hamilton for Easter, possibly going to Papamoa sometime to see the folks and the beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home