Saturday, August 16, 2008

Uninspired

Well, its been a little while, but Kaitaia isn't exactly the hive of activity.

Went to Kerikeri that following weekend - it was Ok, but now its checked off the list, theres not much more up here for me to see LOL. The Laughing Samoans were OK, I think I didn't enjoy them as much because I was tired, and had driven for an hour to see them.

A few weekends later I went to Kerikeri again, for a night, and came back Saturday - the day the big storm came through - almost got flooded out, but was OK - at one point the water was over the road, but shallow enough to get through.

Since then the last 3 weekends have had my Saturday's at working bees at the Little Theatre for the Dramatic Society. Not exactly fun activity of the century. However last weekend I went with my mate Matt to a quiz night - a fundraiser for his Parents to get back to Tanzania - it was a lot of fun. Our team came third - pretty good considering we only had three people, and other teams had about7-9 in them.

Not much else to say. Although a funny observation for the week is this- I found out my Sri Lankan flatmate is a Buddist - as I was cutting up some beef on my Pig-shaped chopping board, ie chances were that I would have been unintentionally offending him, but as it turns out I wasn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home