Wednesday, June 04, 2008

The Show Must Go On

Those of you keeping an eye on the website will notice I have finally changed this entry. As you probably expected, I was rather busy with my plays, (and work of course) so I never got around to updating it.
So lets start with the long weekend - which would have been the start of June. I went with my church out to a marae at Mititmiti, a small community on the west coast, just above the Hokianga Harbour. It was a nice change to go and relax for a weekend (rather than drive all the way to Hamilton yet again - which I had done the 3 weekends in a row previous). I managed to finish reading a couple of books, and caught up on some sleep, despite being in a room full of other people, namely kids who wake up at 6am. It was all good. In true Maori fashion it was also good in terms of Kai (food) with a Hangi one night, fry bread, and plenty of it.
I think the following weekend was when my flatmate Roz had her leaving party - which was great, although sad to have her go as we got on really well.
The following weekend I ended up with ear infections. Not fun.
The subsequent week was then my play (of which the photos are about)- it went well, a few dramas (no pun intended) such as one of the characters who was acting injured, actually getting injured in one of the scenes. All in all it was fun, and the cast got pretty close.
The following Wednesday my second play opened, by this stage I was a little over being out every night. As it happened the subsequent performances had to be postponed for a week due to a powercut and the lead actress getting sick and almost losing her voice. So this week we performed it twice, and were going to perform it tonight and tomorrow but have now cancelled it.
However I made the most of the (last) weekend that was freed up with the postponing, and went down to Auckland for a night out, dinner at a Japanese restaurant, comedy at the Classic, and then a bit of dancing. All good.
Next weekend Im heading down (everywhere is down from here) to Kerikeri to go to the Laughing Samoans show on the Friday night, and to some Toastmasters training on the Saturday. Should be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home