Saturday, January 03, 2009

Screw You Guys, I’m going home: The Far North Farewell

My Apologies, its been a while since I last updated this, obviously. It hasn’t so much been because my life has been boring, rather the opposite, I’ve been a bit busy, and have left it until I can sit down and do it justice. As I sit and write this, Im outside our house at Papamoa, on a lounger, listening to The Feelers – The Best, ’98 – ’08, after this I will be listening to Elemeno P – Elemeno P, this time last year both bands were down here playing together, with Atlas, at the Papamoa tavern, a great night.

But I digress.
So since the last entry, I finished up at work in Kaitaia. A little sad, due to leaving all the friends I had made, but at the same time, I had pretty much conquered Northland, done all I had wanted to do.

Before coming home I decided I would go and camp at the places I hadn’t yet got around to camping at, such as Rarawa, Spirits Bay, & Tauputaputa Bay (which is right up the top, near Cape Reinga. So I packed my car with my camping gear and took off. The first night I decided to go to Rarawa first, as it was closest, and I wasn’t sure if I’d have enough daylight left to put up my tent if I went all the way to the top.
So, I settled in, and slept with my head facing the stars, which was nice. The next day, after a bit of breakfast, I went for a snorkel. However, when I came back, I discovered someone had broken into my car, (hence the name – Far North Farewell, the other part is from Southpark, what Cartmen says when he gets annoyed with the others) which put a dampener on it, as I couldn’t continue camping with a broken window, and they had taken my clothes bag (including my camera), so I had to spend my last days up north back at the Backpackers (where I had been living) sorting out my insurance, and getting my window fixed. Once I had it all sorted, I headed home to Hamilton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home